Dear PSD Community,
With the announcement of Governor Pritzker's stay-at-home order, PSD will be implementing the essential-personnel continuity plans established by each unit.
Essential personnel for research labs means the fewest number of people needed to conduct activities that are required to preserve samples/equipment or functionalities critical to the long-term preservation of a lab or project. Other essential personnel include those whose roles are necessary to maintain the safety of our facilities and prevent serious negative consequences.
Chairs, Directors, and PIs have identified essential personnel for their area and have provided that list to Deputy Dean Aaron Dinner. Starting tomorrow, Saturday, March 21 at 5:00 p.m., only essential individuals should access buildings on campus and only for their required maintenance activities. All others who are not on this essential list, please do not come to campus. We will monitor keycard readers and follow up with any non-essential visitors to our buildings. Plan to gather all materials you might need for teaching, work, or research from labs and offices by 5:00 p.m. Saturday, March 21.
Finally, if your lab has PPE that could be of use by medical personnel, please donate.
Key contacts during the campus closure include:
- Research continuity: Aaron Dinner, email@example.com
- Facilities: Jim Passolano, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Human resources and postdocs: Susan Hearth, email@example.com
- Online teaching: Stu Kurtz, firstname.lastname@example.org
- IT support: Steve Bandyk, email@example.com
- Finance: Michael Grosse, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduate student support: Bahareh Lampert, email@example.com
- Communications: Natalie Lund, firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also refer to the PSD website for links to additional resources and information, including the University's coronavirus update page and the Spring Quarter Spring Quarterwebsites.
The health and safety of the PSD community is our top priority.
Thank you for yourcooperation and flexibility in these efforts.
With all the best,
Angela V. Olinto
Dean of the Division of the Physical Sciences
Albert A. Michelson Distinguished Service Professor of Astronomy & Astrophysics
The University of Chicago
Sharon Bryant: (773)795-3665