11:00 am–4:30 pm Online
The Department of Astronomy and Astrophysics invites you to join us in a virtual workshop regarding the graduate admissions process on Friday, November 20, 2020.
Registration Deadline: November 16, 2020 | Apply online here
This event is intended to provide guidance on our admissions process to students and professionals who may not have access to such resources. It is open to undergraduate or recently graduated students, Master’s students, or professionals who are interested in learning more about our graduate school application process and department. We strongly encourage participation from those who identify as members of underrepresented communities in astronomy and astrophysics.
Attendees of the event will be able to attend sessions focused on:
- An overview of the graduate admissions process
- How to improve your personal statement and CV
- Discussions with current students about graduate school life
- Group panels with professors to learn about ongoing research
We ask those interested in attending any/all these events to fill out our brief form which collects basic information such as:
- Applicant information
- General research interests
- A list of professors you would like to meet/learn more about
Participation in this event will not affect how our graduate admissions committee will view your application.
Apply online here