PhD, Princeton University, 2007
- Exoplanet Reading Group (Leader)
- Greg Gilbert (graduate/Astronomy and Astrophysics)
- Aaron Hamann (graduate/Physics)
Professor Fabrycky studies the dynamics of extrasolar planets. Over the past two decades, discoveries of planets orbiting other stars have poured in from a variety of different detection techniques, and the resulting menagerie of planetary types and system architectures poses many theoretical issues. Fabrycky studies how the observations constrain the configurations of these exoplanetary systems, as well as how gravitational interactions, tidal effects, and energy dissipation shape them.
News & Highlights
- “UChicago announces 2021 winners of Quantrell and Graduate Teaching Awards”, UChicago News, May 26, 2021
- Associate Professor Daniel Fabrycky won the Faculty Award for Excellence in Graduate Teaching and Mentoring, March 22, 2021