The Department of Astronomy and Astrophysics has a variety of computing resources available for faculty, postdocs, students, and staff.
The computing resources include
- Multiple servers owned by the Department and research groups/projects.
- External resources such as access to the University Research Computing Cluster (RCC)/Midway.
- The Department purchases computers (laptop or workstation) for its graduate students.
The Department provides
- Support of Unix, MacOS, Linux, and MS Windows operating systems.
- Mail services: mail with individually set spam filtering options, mail lists.
- Web services
- Version control systems services: CVS, SVN, git, mercurial.
Contact Carolyn Topper, Systems Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and assistance.