PhD student at University of Chicago.
- NASA Goddard, Summer Intern, 2019
- Cardiff University, Masters Student, 2016-2018
- Syracuse University, Undergraduate Research Assistant, 2013-2016
- California Institute of Technology, Summer Intern, 2015
- Laboratoire de l'Accélérateur Linéaire d'Orsay, Summer Intern, 2014
Research Interests: Machine learning for astronomy.
Previous: Gravitational-wave astronomy.
- Constraining the Inclination of Binary Mergers from Gravitational-wave Observation
- The PyCBC search for gravitational waves from compact binary coalescence
- Observation of Gravitational Waves from a Binary Black Hole Merger
- GW150614: First Results from the search for binary black hole coalescence with Advanced LIGO
- Characterization of transient noise in Advanced LIGO relevant to gravitational wave signal GW150914
- The Rate of Binary Black Hole Mergers Inferred from Advanced LIGO Observations Surrounding GW150914
News & Highlights
- Fox Chapel native finds boxing and physics a perfect mix, joins in huge discovery between bouts
- “There’s no way it’s real”
- Scholar Spotlight: Samantha Usman ’16
- Samantha Usman Receives Highly Competitive Astronaut Scholarship
- 3 female boxers from Syracuse University make history at national championship